- ECM Oilfield Services Sdn-Bhd was created to enhance its world wide Oil & Gas equipment sales.
- Equipment’s where previously made in Indonesia by PT ECM who has manufactured Oil & Gas field
equipment’s for the past 10 years.
- In 2012, it was decided that a factory would be opened in Malaysia to cover all the ECM export oriented activities, since the Indonesian plant was not able to handle the Indonesian domestic demand and the export demand at the same time.
- Also, connections to the surrounding countries like Myanmar, Thailand, and other countries requires transshipment of goods via Singapore, thus avoiding additional costs and delivery time.
- Malaysia better roads infrastructure and close border with other Asian countries, available high quality man power and attractive financial terms conditions, have been an important factor of the new plant location choice.
- The new ECM plant is located is Meru, an industrial area situated between Kuala Lumpur (The Malaysian capital) and Port Klang, the main sea port outlet on the west coast of Malaysia. Goods can also reach Singapore by quality highway.